Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Mantra - by Kuya Martin

I have always loved the beach – for the simple fact that it brings me near the ocean. The purpose of going to the beach, for me, is not the beach itself but to be near the water. Sandy beach, rocky beach…it makes no difference. I love the ocean.

It is the ocean, not the beach, that is symbolic of my life. It is the rhythmic waves, cyclic and steady – like a heart beat or a breath – that are my mantra. Of course waves are waves – they are turbulent and rocky, they can be destructive – but it is turbulence that is controlled and measured…an aspiring lesson to learn.

One of my favorite beaches is Ruggles Beach, in Newport, Rhode Island at the end of Ruggles Avenue. It’s a very small beach – and there are a lot of rocks – so it’s not very popular with the tourists – that’s perfectly fine with me. There is next to no sand – instead there are small pebbles. When the waves come in and recede, they push and pull the pebbles along with them. It makes a soothing sound like falling rain…but without the turbulence of the waves, there would be no sound.




p/s: This entree was written by a very special person, my Kuya Martin from HumanPets. So simple, yet symbolic in nature. Simplicity at its best. Thanks kuya. You're loved and adored by me. Here's a snapshot of my Kuya Martin in his Military Suit. (= Hunky! hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment