Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Peek into my Sunday

So yeah, Today is a Sunday. Its Church day. I had a fairly exciting day. Its been approximately about 10 months since I've moved to Kuala Lumpur, yet there have been many places that I've never been to. Since I woke up in a cheery mood today, I decided to go church hopping! ^.^This time though, I picked St. John's church! I've heard a lot about it, mainly from my Filipino mom, because apparently, there's plenty of Filipino who goes to St John.

Upon Arrival, my word! Its like a whole re-enactment of Jesus overturning the tables in the house of Lord in Jerusalem. There were SO many hawker stalls selling food, clothes and merchandises, all of which are mainly Filipino products. I was tempted to try some Filipino delicacies that I've come to love and miss so much, but i restrained myself. I have a mass to go to! Reluctantly, i brought back my focus on attending mass.
The moment i stepped into the church, I was immediately enthralled by the structures and architectures of the ancient church. Its breathtakingly beautiful. I was painstakingly aware that I was being stared at by the local church-goer because frankly, I was blown away by the sight of St. John's Church. It gave me this warm cozy feeling of my hometown's church where I grew up at and have been singing faithfully for the past 15 years. Being the shutter bug that I am, mycamera instantly swing into action. Here is a collage i made of some photos taken of the church

Right after Mass ended at 9.15AM, I decided to keep evangelizing. As some of you may have known by now, when I'm in the mood to do something, I make sure i had a real good time with it! So i decided to hop onto the train.. and evangelize to KLCC shopping centre (Yeap!i've never been there!! >.< ) Along the way, I took some photos of the journey of my train ride just for kicks. Its also for my non-Malaysian friends, so they'll know how public transports are like over here at Malaysia ^.^ First Pit stop: Putra LRT train station. I had to walk through an air conditionned thats adjoined to KLCC shopping mall. This is how it looked like, projecting from the image of my camera lenses.Then, I went up,up, up on the escalator... Looking for FOOD! Didn't have breakfast, and it's nearly 12. Naturally, being a glutton that I am, I was famished! *Stomach growling* The fact that i've never been there, and that the place was humungously huge, wasn't doing me any favour! >.<

And then... Taa daaa.... Sign boards! I love Sign boards. They've always been a life saver. I'm a muddle headed clumsy little thing, and I tend to get lost most of the time, so I've grown to be very attached to my new-found friend - Mr Sign boards. ^.~
After walking around for about 30 Minutes, i settled for some local Chicken rice. By then, I was soooooo hungry, I couldnt Care less about other food! :D It does look delicious Doesn't it? i'm hungry yet again, even just typing about it. i took my own sweet time devouring all these, and blessed with a full stomach, i made my way around the mall, and then took the same train back home. What an eventful Sunday. i should do this more. Way more often.








No comments:

Post a Comment