Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I'm Sorry".

"I'm sorry doesn't always cut it. Maybe because we use it so many different ways. As a weapon, as an excuse, But when we ARE really sorry. When we use it right. When we mean it. When your actions say what your words could never. When we get it right, I'm sorry is perfect. When we get it right, "I'm sorry," is redemption."

This quote was posted on FB by one of my colleague. The first thing that came to mind was unfortunately, not everyone meant it when they utter these crucial words. Some people say it to make themselves feel better, to shade their own mistakes, or to pretend as though they really repented. What people do not realise is that these are the most crucial words in bringing a conflict to an end. These are the most crucial words, in any areas of communication.

So dear peeps, the next time you mutter these words, make damn sure you really mean it, for you do not know what you might lose.

4 comments:

  1. Agree with Anney :)
    One should say "I'm sorry" only when you really mean it, not saying it just like that, thinking it wil make everything alright again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Willie: Do you mean it? :p

    @Annie and Lucy: I'm sorry is the hardest word to mean, but the easiest word to mis-use. Agree, no?

    ReplyDelete