Sunday, November 29, 2009

Real-Life vs. Reel Life

I haven't been blogging for quite a while. Recent happenings has kept me caught up with real-life. Sometimes i wonder if Reel-life and Real-life are just about the same, or not. I find myself constantly thinking and missing my Reel-life friends rather than most of my Real-life friends.

People often told me that I am an Internet addict. I don't think so for I would definitely be able to go through my days without the internet. I just find myself more comfortable talking to my net friends, my Twitter friends as well as my Facebook friends from all over the world.

A person who was extremely close to me asked me this two days ago:- So you get onto Social Networking to seek for care, attention and love? He clearly have misunderstood me. No, I don't "seek" for care, attention nor Love. The one difference between Twitter and Facebook to me is simple:-

In Facebook, I have too much acquaintances who pretend that they care about your life, death and survival when they actually do not. They have this tendency to just, apparently, ask how are you and your family, to show you that at least they tried, and then go ahead behind your back and complain that you're an attention seeker and that they have bigger problems than you.

Twitter, on the hand, consists of people I network with every single day. It consist of people who never hesitate to greet me a cheery Good morning or a chirpy hey! when you're on. They genuinely care for your well-being. There was no such thing as "Hi, I hope everything is okay. Be Strong, Things will pass in time." Seriously, dude, How Much Time? How much more stronger can i be? How okay can things be?

People in Twitter would offer me solutions and useful articles on Cancer related matters, as well as tell me and most importantly make me Feel like I do have their support. At times like this, I know I need to be strong; but i also need my friends around for me to be vulnerable. That, Facebook can never provide. Disappointing. Facebook friends happen to be so Real-Life while Twitter happens to be my Reel- Life.

Recent happenings have shown me just how fragile friendship and ties that binds can actually be. Honestly, I don't even know what's friendship anymore. I call them acquaintances; because I know; I can do without them in my life.

Call me a Sceptic. I don't care. It's none of your business anyway.

30/11/09

2 comments:

  1. wow! I didn't know twitter can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its interesting, Fun, hyper and most of all, You get to network with so many awesome Malaysians! I've found myself a few new photography friends too! Ü

    ReplyDelete