Monday, March 29, 2010

A Tribute To My Father.

My Father
By Mary Carpio

I had the greatest father
a child could ever have on earth
Was the first male face I remember
after my mother gave me birth

I remember the many times
he wiped the tears from my face
And felt the strength of his arms
when he held me in his embrace

His discipline seemed harsh at times
and his words may have been strong
But it wasn't because he was cruel
was because I did a wrong

The times we shared together
were more than I can recall
To have him the moments I did
was better than not knowing him at all.

Dear Papa,

You gave me life the moment you and mama decided to bring me into this world. When I am weak, you kept me strong. When I stumble and fall, you held me up. When I cried, you wiped my tears away. When I was sick, you stayed up all night and took care of me. When I wanted to study, you made sure I get through all the way to college. When I was lonely, you became my best friend. When I was in pain, you medicated me. When I was growing up, you became my teacher. When I was lost, you became my Light. When I needed inspiration, you were my Muse. When I smile, you're happy. When I'm sad, you cry. When I failed in life, You encouraged me. When another hits me, you taught me how not to fight back, but rather prove myself to them. When I was lost in a maze, you found me. When someone call me names, you taught me how to protect my family's name. You taught me how not to use my fist, but use my wit and intelligence. When I didnt know how to Love, my papa, you showed me Love.

and most of all...

You taught me this:-
You taught me how to be a person that you are. A person full of love. A person capable of loving. A person with a gift to another. A person, with a value.

Now that you're gone, The world has lost one of its sunshine that used to shone ever so brightly. Now that you're gone, the birds no longer chirp as happy as they did. Now that you're gone, the violets never bloom.

Now that you're gone Papa, I am never whole. Not anymore. Rest in Peace Papa. You will always be Remembered.
I Love you my Papa.  I Love you.

Always and Forever,
Your Daughter,
Cindy.


In Loving Memory of Papa (12th October 1947 - 31st December 2009)



11 comments:

  1. Hello cindy.

    I am so sorry to hear about your dad. he just passed away in Dec 2009 right? Oh geee...i know how you feel. I lost my father in law in 2006. I believe you always remember him in your heart and your mum is definitely needing your support now since your dad is her love life for longer years than you know him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tears fell down my cheek while reading this entry of yours.( it's the truth..)...even the thought of losing someone we really love saddens me, whatmore to experience it firsthand...

    My prayer's with you, Cindy.. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your series of pics bring tears in my eyes but i cant let them drop since i am in the lab..God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear All,

    Thank you for dropping by, reading this and for all your kind words.

    My dad was a wonderful man. He was a good man.
    He deserves way more than this tribute but as of now, this is all i can offer. I know he is up there, watching over me as a Guardian Angel and my Protector.

    Once again, thank you all.

    Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 Thanks Marcky. U finally found it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every parent should be loved and honoured. More so...before their passing on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and touching tribute to your Dad! Beautifully written from the heart!He played a very important role in your life. I'm sure you miss him terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mei Teng: i agree with what you said... loving and honouring our parents, after all, everything that we have, we owe it to them.

    @Anney: indeed, i'm very very attched and close to my dad. and i do miss him a lot... its almost his 100th day anniversary now which is why i came up with this tribute.

    thanks guys for drpping by and for taking the time to read this tribute. it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful tribute. Life's always too short for us to spend enough time with our loved ones. We can only cherish the memories. May your dad rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete