Friday, March 5, 2010

Out Of The Box.

Good morning Blogosphere. It is 9.09am on a Saturday and here I am sitting on my working desk - working. Of course literally speaking, I am actually Blogging, since the amount of calls I am receiving this morning from Australia is rather scarce.

Many have asked me; What on earth am I doing quitting my Legal job for Fedex Australia, a job which have totally no relation to my degree at all. To some, I am throwing my entire 4 years of education for nothing. To some, I am a girl who has lost her sense of direction in life and just settling for whatever job options i have laid down in front of me.

I would say, to me, I am stepping out of my comfort Zone. Yes, this is a whole new experience for me. Yes, it has nothing to do with Law when you compare it with my previous job. I was and have been for 5 years in my life, a student in the Law field, and working in a legal capacity at my previous job. I was dealing with a lot of alphabets. Look where I am now, in a job that has nothing to do with the legal field, and I am dealing majority with numeric codes.

What makes a difference is that i am happy with my current job as opposed to my previous job. Not to say I dislike working with my previous job. I found that in m current job, i possess the fire and passion to actually wake up at 4am every single morning and come to work. I Love my job at FedEx. As simple as that. What people have failed to understand is that although I am working for FedEx, that does not necessarily means I am giving up on my studies. Eventually, my ultimate aim is to pursue my Masters in Medical Law.

All I am saying is that, do not constraint yourself to what you are familiar with. Think outside the box, See outside the box, and Live outside the box! Imagine how cool my resume would look like when they see that my working experiences includes: Teaching at a US Private School, Office General Admin, Personal Assistant, Corporate Trainer, Junior Lawyer, and now a FedEx Employee. Speaking of being a Jack of all trades! Ü

So yes, in case there is still a tiny seed of doubt in your mind, I am happy with my new job! I like the challenges that comes with it and even more so, i love taking risks in order to broaden up my horizons! Ü

And Until new ideas come to mind, I am relief the Writer's Block is now gone! Have a great Weekend Everyone... And till my creativity strikes again. Toodles.

6 comments:

  1. Nah...as long as you are happy with your job, that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are happy with your decisions, everyone else should be supporting you,and not trying to make you feel bad. The only thing that matters is that you feel good about what you are doing <3

    I rather have you do something you enjoy doing than working at a place you don't feel good about :) Especially when you are this young and can change a job anytime you feel like it ;)

    *supporting huhhles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Willie: Yes I am. And thats what matters! &Uuml

    @Ikky: And whats with hula hoop now? lol..

    @Angel: Thank you darling!! That meant a lot, and yes, as long as we're happy doing what we do, thats enough! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hallelujah.......you love your job!!!!!!! i am 36 and i am still hating my job....hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol @ Mang.
    Well, if its any consolotion, i do feel like i'm 35 in this 23 year old body. cheer up Mang! :p

    ReplyDelete