Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Hero.

For the past hour, I've been sitting here, with the laptop on my lap trying to come up with a witty funny topic to blog about. As you can see, i found none. I could've gone into the whole routine of talking about how my day today went like I've always did, but i figured I'd tell you a story instead. ü


There was a man. He lost his father at the tender age of 13. Being the second eldest son among 8 siblings, he was a protector. He protects his mother, he protects his brothers, he protects his sisters. He grew up faster than anyone else his age did. He matured. He worked hard to provide for the family. At 29, he got married. Raising 4 beautiful kids, he is a happy man. 12 years later, at 41, he became a widower, having lost his wife to a long battle with cancer.


A lone ranger, a single parent, he tried his best to raise his 4 kids by himself. Refusing to ever give up, he try his best to instil the best values he can in his kids. God love him so much, He sent him another person to love 8 years later.


Now, all his kids are fully grown, some are married, others not. They all had their respective careers. This same man who raised them single handedly, never expects anything more from his kids, instead, he prayed every single night that his kids would pass on the exact same value that they had grown up to,to their next generation. He prayed every single night, for the safety and comfort and happiness of his kids. He was and still is, a protector.


At 61, this same man was diagnosed with Stomach cancer. The very same illness that robbed his wife away from him is now threatening him. He never gave up. His support system came from his four kids. The ones he raised with his bare hands, the ones he taught to protect one another as a family. The very ones he taught about love.


He's now a fighter. He fights. He's fighting against the illness. He refused to succumb. This fighter, is my dad.



2 comments:

  1. I admire ur dad a lot,Cindy.
    Not many can carry on like he did and not give up on their lives so easily.
    And it is thanks to him that ur here and that i was able to meet u,my sis :)So tell him i am sending him a hig and saying a BIG THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Lucia love. I'm not saying this cause he's my dad, but he have this profound love and inner strength in him. I wanna be as strong as he is.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete