Sunday, August 16, 2009

Soulmate.

Have you ever read any book that changed your life?
I did.
A couple of weeks ago, I was running low on reading materials. Being the geek I am, I immediately headed towards the book store to stock up on my almost depleted stack of books and novels (Yes, i stock up my books!)
Initially, I had planned on getting some chic lits, or some romance novels as I was in the mood for it. As I was browsing through the Fiction section, a familiar author caught my eye. Having read two of Paulo Coelho's books, namely, The Zahir and The Alchemist respectively, "Brida" caught my eye.
Brida is a tale of a beautiful young Irish girl and her conquest in seeking out her Soulmate. I was once told by my best friend Juan, that everyone in this world has a Soulmate. Every one of us have someone thats born and made for us, just like Eve was made for Adam. Being a sceptic, i never believed in it - until i read Brida.
Here are some quotable quotes I found ever so encouraging and inspiring from Brida.
"Pain, loss and separation were inevitable on the path to love, and the only way of avoiding them was by deciding not to take that path at all. In order not to suffer, you have to renounce love. There are people who followed certain paths, only to be proven that they weren't the right one, but that wasn't as bad as choosing a path and then spending the rest of your life wondering if you'd made the right choice."
"Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong - even a stopped clock is right twice a day."
"People have been searching for and finding each other for thousands of years."
"Emotions are like wild horses- they demand to be heard."
"I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you're treading on my dreams" - WB Yeats
and my ultimate fav:
"When you were in love, you were capable of leaarning everything and of knowing things you had never dared even to think, because Love was the key to the understanding of all the mysteries."
So, the question remains as to whether have you found your Soulmate, the person who was made for you. I have.
Ü

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Willie. It was a really good book. Ü

    Have a great day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i wanna read this book too,
    just not sure if i will be able to find it anywhere here...hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they do hunnn... =D If they don't tell me! I'll parcel one up to you! Call it as an early bday gift. along with your 2nd parcel.. hehe. its a bit late, sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't send me any gifts for my birthday!!!Do u hear me?????Else i come spank u sooooo hard!

    U are already wasting enough money on me!

    And no worries about the 2nd parcel.I will pick it up personally in few years when i will finally have money to come to Asia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. imma spank you!!
    I love you and i splurge on my loved oneeesss. Dont care! You're so getting one from meeeee! =D
    I loves u.

    Come to Asia soon! :D :D :D :D
    i'll take u fishin but no froggies =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't send me anything!
    I am serious *making a strict look*!

    Fishing,fishing,fishing!!! yaaaaay :D

    ReplyDelete