Friday, August 28, 2009

Working Out - Top of my To-Do List!

"Motivation is what gets you started; Habit is what gets you going"
- Fitness First.


For a patient of Bronchiectasis, strengthening the lung's capacity is always number one on their to-do list. What better ways to do that, than to exercise? Swimming, jogging, cycling. Its all monotanous, well, at least it is for me! Once boredom starts setting in, I start developing the "Lazy Bum Syndrome" and inadvertently starts making a ridiculous amount of excuses to NOT exercise.

Just to name a few (no pun intended):-
  • Too caught up with other stuffs
    No time
  • Tomorrow I'll start, I promise! (A day later is better than never at all) - or so i think!
  • No money for that luxury
After countless advice from doctors, families and friends, and being inspired by a childhood friend of mine - Marcus, I finally decided to join a gym. For a person with short attention span, Gym seems like the best bet for me to start and maintain exercising namely because there were varieties of exercises for me to dabble in, ie: Body Jam, Body Combat, Body Pump, Yoga, Kick boxing & etc just to name a few of my interests!


So, with RM185 in hand, I signed up for the "Passport" Package in Fitness First that allows me entry into all Fitness First gym centre - Worldwide. That's not all. I was also given a starter pack :-
The starter pack consists of a back pack, a water bottle, a ear phone, a face towel, a fitness journal and journals on proper work out and healthy diet. No, that wasn't all. I was also given 3 free session with a personal trainer as well as two free guest passes for me to take any one of my friends there with me. How cool is that?! ö


Needless to say, that got me excited enough to want to start shopping for my sports gear the very same day, which i did Ü . Check out my cool neon green running shoes:
The moment i saw this on the rack, I fell head over heels in love with it! Within minutes, I was already holding it in my hands and walking towards the cashier counter. What cracks me up was that my best friend, Feroza saw me taking that shoe, and she exclaimed loudly : "Cindy, That shoe? ITS SO YOU!". I knew, then and there, that I was meant to own that pair of awesome Frogalicious shoe! Ü


Equipped with my sports gear and awesome starter pack, I'm ready to rumble! Bring on the Mean Machine! ;)


2 comments:

  1. Whoa u really got all that for the beginning? Awesome service i call it.Wish i was there to join the gym with u *sad*

    You would not get all that if u would join a gym here in Slovakia,or maybe in some where you would pay a fortune for it.

    Good luck on ur workout!
    U know i am here cheering for u,right? :)
    Loves ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Thats why I felt it was sooooo worth signing up for! Ü

    It's like my home away from home now ^.^

    I love you too! :D

    ReplyDelete