Monday, December 28, 2009

Cuddling.

The boyfriend once told me that I’m a very affectionate person. I think he’s right. ;)

I love hugs, snuggles and most especially cuddles. So today, I was leafing through an old copy of Cosmopolitan and found an interesting article about “What His Cuddling Body Language Reveals” and though I’d like to share it with my dear blog readers.

  • He pulls you onto his chest.

While this dude may present himself as a tough guy, he's really a big softie. "By bringing you close to his heart, he's symbolically showing you that he's attached," explains communication expert Audrey Nelson, PhD, author of You Don't Say. "Holding you against a masculine part of his body — his chest — is also his way of letting you know he can protect you." This dependable nurturer loves taking care of his woman, whether he's hanging shelves or propping you up after a work debacle.

  • He spoons you.
Think about this snuggle position: curled up body-to-body. "He's a really physical person who enjoys the feeling of your form against his," says Nelson. "But while he truly enjoys the contact of cuddling, he might not be as comfortable expressing himself emotionally." Expect him to show you his affection with his gestures and actions, rather than with words.

  • He puts his head in your lap.
If you're a woman who loves taking care of a guy, you've hit the jackpot. "Men who prefer this position tend to be a little needy in relationships — they look to their girlfriends to make them feel good about themselves," explains Peter A. Andersen, PhD, professor of communications at San Diego State University and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Body Language. "He's also comfortable with his emotions, very sensitive, and willing to share what's in his head." This dude wants to make you happy!

  • He throws an arm around you.
"Putting one arm around you is not a very intimate move," says Andersen. "It's sort of the bare minimum — he's doing the requisite cuddle, but without adjusting his position or comfort level at all." The good news: He recognizes that close contact is important to you and respects your needs enough to snuggle, even if it is just for your sake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all that’s said and done, I’m proud to say that “The Boyfriend” is a little bit of everything stated above. He’s a tough guy and he's also really a big softie. He shows his affection with his gestures and actions, rather than with words. He's also comfortable with his emotions, very sensitive, and willing to share what's in his head. He recognizes that close contact is important to me and respects my needs enough to snuggle.


So gentlemen, What sort of a cuddler are you? Ladies, what sort of a cuddler is your Prince Charming? ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p/s: For more articles of such, head on over to www.cosmopolitan.com

p/ss: Yes, I do Love The Boyfriend. Very much. Ü

Have a jolly good year end everyone!

8 comments:

  1. the boyfriend of mine used to
    :pull me onto his chest
    :spoon me

    but now that he's gone..and i'm still missing him:(

    but anyway honey,nice post!!
    and u make me smile lorgh!!
    love u!!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin darling: You'll get through it. I'll be with you all the way Ü
    Love you back!

    Willie: Hehe..no lahhh... Just blurbs and Rambles. :p How have you been??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess u hit the jackpot with ur bf <3 Congrats on that one :)

    I'll let u know what kind of a cuddler "M" is once we get to that,lols :D

    *cuddles you in all the above mentioned ways* hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... Thanks. I love cuddling big time! :P
    You know that. I know you are too! :P

    YESH!! Lemme know what kind of a cuddler "M" is!!! *Excited giggles* :D

    Rawr... I love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me smile.. :) I love it when a guy kiss his girl's shoulder.. it means deep.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing The Fiance Kissed you on the shoulder then? ;)

    Any date set yet for wedding bells? :D
    Missed you on my Blog Dee. Great to have you back. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl, it's not that i'm not visiting you here or something.. I've always want to comment, but it either got stuck or maybe it's just me couldnt figure out how to do comments.! hahhaha....

    add me at Facebook k. :)

    Oh ya, deepest condolences to you and yr family on the demise of yr beloved dad.. I was shocked... :(

    ReplyDelete