Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Agape; My Family

It has been a roller coaster ride lately; not thrilling nor exciting, but scary. Looking back on the happenings within the past 11 months just brought both smiles and tears to my eyes. It has never been easy from the moment the family was dealt with the news that their other parent, their dad, is diagnosed with cancer as well; the one thing, that took our mom away.

We're all grown up. My 3 brothers and I. I being the youngest, and eldest brother being 33 years old. Losing mom has never been easy, even after so many years. Sometimes, i see my brothers and dad as well still shedding tears during our annual visit to mom's grave back at hometown. The fact that dad is battling the same illness as well broke my brothers; emotionally. I see my tough brothers crumbling in sobs, needing to be held. I see my brothers looking lost.



Dad has lost 25 kilograms since the first day he was diagnosed with the illness. I see my hero, gradually losing strength and courage to fight and battle it himself. Everyone is living on a day to day basis, worrying and scared about what would happen next.



I, on the other hand, am glad, and thankful, that dad, no matter how weak he is, emotionally and physically, still has it in him to keep on fighting. A true hero indeed. He is scared. He is human, just like everyone else - but, he is my dad. A frail human no doubt, but a true warrior in him. He's still fighting it. So are we.


My family, we've always been One - Collectively, together, supportively, we're bounded by the Love shown by my dad and mom.



-My family, together with My Uncle and Grandnana Ü . Dad is the one in White. Mom's behind me-
I ♥ my Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment