Sunday, December 27, 2009

Love & Lust.

In an attempt to be a writer, I have to write what I know. I’ve contemplated writing anything Legal, because I’m a Law student and working in the Legal line. I’ve also contemplated writing something music related, photography related or book related stuffs because those are where my passion can be found. Then I realize, what a foolish person I have been. I may know plenty about Law, music, photography or books, but it’ll never beat what I know best; Love.

Oh yes, I am, indeed, a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic. I derive pleasure in sappy love stories and romantic one-liner or quotes. I grew up hoping that one day I’ll meet my Prince Charming who would melt me like Jerry Maguire’s classic “You Complete Me” type of quote or even better, like Jack in Titanic – “You jump; I Jump”. Alas, the world we live in these days, you just can’t help but wonder if True Love really do exist at all!

Do not be misleaded by my previous statement. I am not, I repeat, not a cynic. You see, the truth is that people tend to give you all this bullshit about Love at First Sight, bla bla bla bla.. Nauseating! Admit it; it was Lust at first sight instead!

I don’t get how you can fall “in love” with someone you just saw for the very first time. Serendipity, you said? Fortunate Accident? Well darling, even Johnathan and Sara had to spend some time together, ie eight hours in the movie Serendipity to end up falling in love with each other!

Look, all I’m trying to say is this: when you meet a person for the very first time, that ain’t Love. That’s Lust. Infatuation. Crush. All these, fade with time. However, as you get to know the person on a deeper level, after communication and sharing, then, you fall “In Love” with that person. I do know that Love is not measured by the length of time you know a person. What I meant is you have to know the person, personality and flaws, to really love them, not merely by first impression and appearance. In case you don’t already notice, We’re not 16 anymore!

2 comments:

  1. So true! We are not 16 anymore...and we have to know the difference between a crush and love <3

    I so gonna enjoy reading everything you will write about this topic if u wanna continue :))

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of thoughts running through my mind atm..

    Need more time! :D

    i love you (:

    ReplyDelete