Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Relay For Life 2010

Cancer has been a prominent disease everywhere these days. Loyal readers of my blog would come to know why I have been so passionately fighting for all Cancer Causes around the world and most especially here, in Malaysia. I lost both my mom and dad to cancer, dad being recently:- which is 5 months back.

When a Fellow Twitter friend, Harinder sent me a link via my Twitter inbox, I was a little hesitant and sceptical about it. Nevertheless, I decided to join Relay For Life after all. I figured, this would be the best way for me to overcome it. You see, I have not exactly been open about how I feel with regards to losing dad to a year long battle of cancer. I said I was okay, but people close to me knows I am still at a point of struggle.

My dad, was my everything.

Losing him have been a cruel blow and in a way, I think I have lost a part of myself which I know will never return. The whole Relay For Life journey turned out to be a bittersweet one for me. On that day, I smiled and I cried. I smiled for I was able to witness and listen to stories of survivors yet I cried as I was able to relate to the family members pain of losing a love one.

So here are a few pictures of the journey I made in Relay 4 Life 2010.

Relay For Life Banner

The Organisers

The Relay For Life-ers

Relay For Life-ers doing their part walking around the Track.

This four letter word is all they need and All things will be made possible.

This is my favourite Luminaria Tribute bag amongst the many thousands.
Simple and Beautiful.

This was my favourite Tent.

The Silat Masters strutting their skills in the name  of good Cause.

Last but not least, My favourite picture of the day:- The Cancer Survivors.
Each one of them has a story to tell and strength beyond your wildest imagination.

So, if this post actually succeeded in tugging your heart-string a little, perhaps, you can consider joining us next year in Relay For Life 2011? Ü

Until then, have a good week ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Sceptical in a sense of joining them myself!

    but i have you to thank for providing the link to me! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur stronger than you think you are Cindy *hugs super tight* :) If only I could be there to join with you, sigh...stupid distance :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lucy: One day... We'll go for the Relay together! :D

    ReplyDelete