Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scrabble


My best memory as a child would most probably be the rounds of Scrabbles with the family. Dad and Mom, Eldest brother and I, Second brother and Third Brother. Three Teams. That was how it has always been. We would fight over whether a certain word is existing in the dictionary and when it is, how can we forget the triumphant smug plastered on our faces? Oh yeah, Those were the days.

Now, as I'm sitting by my desk, typing this post, a round of Scrabble is on with a total random stranger; I'm starting to get a little choked up as vivid memories of my happy childhood is replaying in my mind. I guess I have to thank my parents for teaching me about the power of words, for it is where I started having the love for reading and writing.

Okay, got to get back to my game of Scrabbles as my opponent is taking the lead!

What's your Favourite board game? Ü

3 comments:

  1. Mine too! Monopoly is a very close second though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you played Scrabble once with me and I trashed you so bad you refused to ever play again. Ah, it's good to be brilliant.

    We have sort of a board games group and we play lots of board games very regularly. But not the Scrabble type.

    ReplyDelete