Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 things that Makes me Happy

Are you happy?
That's a question I ask myself every single day.

More often than not, my answer would be "I Don't Know".
What makes you happy then?
That's the next question I asked.

What does happiness actually means to you? Is it the smile plastered on your face? Is it the sound of a hearty laughter? Is it the feeling of contentment? What exactly is happiness? This is a very subjective question. Happiness mean different things to different people. To some, happiness is when you're in love. To others, happiness means getting something you've been waiting for. It still seemed like a really vague topic to me. I've long been numbed from feeling happy. Thus, I've came up with a list of certain things that gave me a sense of contentment, and certain things that put a smile on my face. Maybe, just maybe, these are the moments where I am feeling happy.

  • Family Gatherings.
Nothing beats staying home with the big family clan, talking over a round of barbeque and wine. The men of the family would sit in the porch, the mummies of the family would be around the dining table while the youngins would be in the hall talking and cracking stupid jokes and not to forget all the photo taking moments! I've been really blessed to be born in a such a close knitted family where there is no age or racial barriers at all. We all ♥ each other! The support system within the family is unbreakable.

Again, I'd like to stress this once again, and it's something I'd never get tired nor ashame of saying:-

I'm Proud to be a Vaz! Ü

  • My nieces
2 little munchkin, and another one on the way! Their cheeky mode and adorable ways never fail to lift up my mood. Sometimes, they're just toooooooooooo adorable that it makes me wanna squish their faces and bite their cheeks! Ö Occasionally, they do get on my nerves, but usually not for long. Oh, have i mentioned the puppy dog sad eyes tactic that they're so good at portraying whenever I get mad at them? Trust me, they deserve a master class award for that. *Grins*
  • Singing out loud in the showers
I Love singing. It's one of those genetically inherited hobbies i got from my beloved mommy;- except, I never really did inherit her talents. *LoL* It's sort of like my "mini concert" minus the audience part. Haha! It even has an original Echo function which I don't have to tune it with the mixers! :D
  • Tweeting
Yeap! You got it right! Twitter keeps my mood up. Of course, I have to give a round of kudos to my Tweeples who have been ever so awesome in making me laugh with their ridiculous yet entertaining Tweets!
  • THE Beach & Mountain top
These two places is where I go to when I need to recollect my thoughts. I've always been more of a sensitive and emotional person (What's new?). At the same time, I'm also a deep thinker - I tend to think too much into certain things. Whenever things get too much for me to handle, I escape to these places and just bask into the beautiful view in front of me. They gave me a sense of peace that I seek for. Peacefulness equates happiness too right? Ü
  • Swings & Slides
I know, I know! So childish, isn't it? I've always been a Kid at heart. Wherever I go to, When I see a swing or a slide, I'd just get all excited and I'm thrown back into the past:- I became a kid again. I love the feeling of wind carressing my face as I swung myself high up in the air... I learnt how to laugh when I'm on a swing and i ALWAYS go "Wheeeeee~" When I'm sliding down a slide :D
  • Music
I'm a hardcore Music junkie. Whatever my mood is reflects upon the genre of music I'm listening to. Friends and families know me as a Living Jukebox. I have no idea why! Was it because of the fact that I seemed to know every song that's being played on the radio? I don't know. One thing I do know for sure; I love karaokes! haha... The Pinay in me is showing eh? :D Pinoy tayo!
  • Taking Pictures
... of everything, and anything. Picture speaks a thousand words. Capturing every single memory I had, have and will have in pictures. It's looking back at pictures of past happenings that brought tears and laughter to me. Some are of people that I've lost over the years, some are of forgotten memories, while some are of funny snapshots of the people in my life and I.
  • Giving
My mom left me with the greatest gift of all - Give. I learnt to give; when I give, I feel contented. The smiling faces of my receiver always gave me a sense of fullfilment. Sometimes I turn selfish. I am but a human after all, but when I remembered the real reason of my existence in this world, I try to be a giver all over again. I'm still Learning, and grasping. Baby steps...
  • Vacations & Travelling
I don't need to say more! It's like a few days of escape from reality and I get to be in LaLaLand and just forget the world at large. I'm at my most happy, being away from all drama.
The list goes on... At this moment, I'm having a moment of brain freeze. I shall have a Part 2 post when I'm past my Daft mode.
So there you go. Some of my happy moments. What are yours? Ü

8 comments:

  1. I could try to write a list of things that bring smile to me,and do u know what it would look like? 99,9% copy of yours <3
    Leaving 0.1% out cause i don't have any nieces yet :) hehe

    Gosh we are so childish for loving swings,like seriousy look at how old we are!But still we love it and would not want to have it any other way,am i right?

    Loves you,
    your twin <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto ditto!
    :D I remember as a kid my dad or brothers would swing me high up and i'd start crying cos i always feel as though i'm falling down. LOL... now i LOVE it!

    Simple things makes us happy (:
    I loves u back!!!
    Muchos Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes me happy?....I guess it's when I decide to do what I desire to do, at that exact moment, with no restriction. no rule, no law....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Daniel: I've been trying to follow your blog for the thousand time but it still says that your blog doesnt exists when i do so :| i have no idea why! Can you link me there or something?

    Dee: Its true. But how often do you actually get that opportunity? Most of the time, The heart says yes but the mind says no. Which would you pick? The right thing to do or what you want to do? Something to ponder about.

    Ü

    Have a great week ahead you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your 10 things so much!!! Cause its quite similar as mine...just that...i don't have a any nieces or nephews...hahaha...Cheers to Cindy...stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Isaac,
    Like i mentioned, Its really the simple things that makes everyone happy, but its just too bad, many don't seem to realise that. They prefer more material things.
    Its good to know you're not one of those Ü

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, you were right somehow, Cindy.. no wonder la i'm always unhappy! hahahhaa... Now i know why...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dee: We're all like that. Even me. So my new year resolution (yes i ALREADY have a list!) for 2010 - Following my heart.

    Ü

    ReplyDelete