Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Story To Tell & I've Embraced It.

Everyone, have a story to tell. That was what I learnt from the late Randy Pausch. Today, I decided to re-read "The Last Lecture" written by Randy, and reading it the second time, I took my time and digested his words. Towards the end, the book left me teary eyed. He had barely 6 months to live, and in that six months, he spent part of it writing this book, and he did what he does best - teaching. His book taught me about certain values in life and opened my eye to a whole new world out there.

Like how Randy embraced his situation with Pancreatic Cancer, today, at this moment, I will embrace mine too. So dear readers, do bear with me - This will be a long blog post. I have a lot of story to tell.

This story, is about the people I met and knew, apart from my dearly beloved family, that has influenced and brought sunny sunshine to my life.

First and foremost, I'd like you to meet my half-sister - Catrina de Ramos. I have never met Cathy. I've heard so much about her from mom, but I have never met her. We spoke on the phone, the usual "Hi" , "Hello" , "Take Care". In 2007, I finally met my sister, for the very first time in my life. My first impression of her was that she's extremely shy, and for a moment, it felt awkward because we're half sisters, but I don't know her at all - truth be told. As time passed, we started getting used to each other and in less than a month, we were inseparable. She became my confidante, the one person I can tell everything to and cry to. I remember how one night, I woke up screaming in a nightmare, and she was there, holding my hand and keeping me calm and talking to me all through the night, ensuring that I was fine. We shared gossips, boy talks and on a more deeper level, we talked about both our relationship with mom. In the six months she was here, in Malaysia, I felt the joy of having a sister. She's now back in the Philippines, and I havent seen my sister for nearly two years. I miss her terribly and One day, I will succeed in bringing her over here to Malaysia. She belongs to the family, and IS a part of the family.

Next on the list, I'd like you to meet Janice Ruth Alecha - My Twin from another mother. Janice, is a fighter. She is a Hepatitis B carrier and have faced a lot of downturns in her life. Being the sole breadwinner and having losing her mom, she single handedly brought up her 3 younger sister. She gave up so much and also lost a person she loved in order to be a responsible sister. As the saying goes, you reap what you sow. Despite being a Hep B carrier, she is now happily married to a wonderful hubby named Lee Sanchez from USA and is a mother to a beautiful baby boy - My Godson, Giovanni Li Sanchez. I can never forget the countless times we shared on webcam, talking, laughing, crying and sharing. She is like a mirror image of me - attitude wise. I wil forever remember how she taught me on the true value of friendship - that it knows no boundaries. Despite not having met her yet after 4 years of friendship, I remain hopeful that someday, the both of us would meet.

Next on the list, is my darling Lina and Jillu. Thanks to Patrick Shyu, the founder of Humanpets.com, the three crazy braniacs were brought together. We ALWAYS have so much fun together. Laughing, squeezing together in a bed, taking pictures by KLCC fountain together. These two girls remained my solid rock through it all. Especially even more so when dad was diagnosed with cancer. I have no other words to say but this : Girls, I am exceptionally thankful for your presence in my life and for bringing so much sunshine to my family. I will be forever grateful.

Also, on my list, is Karlie, Lucia, Amber, Carine and Gracie. Again, I have to say a huge thank you to Patrick for bringing these girls and i together. The countless moments we shared during our herd days on H.Pets and our ever funny Yahoo conference totally topped my chart. Even till today, you girls have been there for me, seeing me through every heartbreaks and happiness I faced. Who ever said Distance is an issue, deserve a slap in their face, because they are totally wrong! All five of us, comes from different country, Karlie - Philippines, Lucia - Slovakia, Amber - Thailand, Gracie - Australia and Yous Truly - Malaysia. Our Similarity? We ♥ each other like mad. Thank you girls, for loving me so much.

Finally, the one person, I'd like to thank,and the whole purpose of this blog post, is a very very important person in my life - MY WonderWall. This will definitely be a whole hell of an inappropriateness, but at this moment, I dont really give a damn about being appropriate. I'm embracing it. I'm embracing everything that happened. As fate would have it, I met him on Twitter. We started off as friends. He was being nice to me and made me laugh with his quirky sense of humour - ie: his sense of sarcasm. I remember how I ALWAYS got irritated with his "Really??!!!!??" whenever I tried to tell him about certain excitement that happened in my life. As time goes by, and as everyone know, he fell for me; and I in turn, fell for him.

In mere months, the bond we built were not easily shaken. We were completely honest to each other about every single happenings in our life and I find that I can never ever hide anything from him. If you asked me, I was at my most honest, when i was with him. He just brings out the best in me.
Without the need to say anything, he knew my thoughts and feelings. I can never forget the state of euphoric bliss of waking up to him in the mornings, and being able to say "Good Morning" to him. I can never forget the musky smell of his skin when he held me close and comfort me during my time of weakness. I can never forget how he smell of Dashing Active Talcum Powder. I can never forget how his eyes ALWAYS crinkles up when he smiles (This is my ultimate favourite sight of him). I can never forget how he always bites his lower lips whenever he's up to something mischievous. I can never forget how my tiny fingers fits perfectly into the gaps of his fingers - like they were totally made for each other. I adore how he looks like when he's sleeping; with his hair tousled and his face peacefully slumbered.
I have Met my soulmate in him. He fits me like a perfect puzzle. He is like the peanut to my butter, and the chocolate to my sundae. Ü
Eventhough we've gone our separate ways, I know one thing is for sure. He will ALWAYS have a piece of my heart with him. He will always be a very very special person in my life. No one can ever take his place. What we shared, was indeed, as what you said - Divine. Thank you so much for loving me, and for allowing me to love you. Thank you for teaching me how to love again. I am embracing our separation. I am trying - For you, as I know how you're trying, for me.
For this very person, I am not posting any picture of him, because I've already had a picture perfect image of him plastered in my mind. That image, is my sole property. Its my remembrance of him, everlasting.

==========================================



I've disabled the comments for this post because its a very personal post to me.