Monday, October 26, 2009

Dreams.

"I have a dream.. "
Well, everyone does.

As a kid, I've always wanted to be a Firewoman. (Yes yes, I know, what an unlikely dream!) I've always been extremely fascinated with the Fire and Drill department where they get to don on the cool yellow uniform and slide down the rails when there's an emergency. Every weekend, I would force my dad (in my own bratty way:- Note: Stomping my feet and wailing at the top of my lungs as though there's no tomorrow :p ) to take me to the Fire station and just let me watch them wash the Fire Truck as well as prepare themselves in case of emergency. So much so, that those Firemen, became my friend.

Then, I grew out of it. I then aspired to become a singer. I wanted to be like my mom. I love music. I still do.... I love the feeling of performing on a huge stage in front of an audience. I love the sound of thunderous applause and sometimes, standing ovations. Then I realised there are so much more better singers out there than Me. I grew out of it.

Next, I decided that I wanted to become a Writer. I had my first chance at writing after I submitted an article articulately written to The Star. Luck was on my side, and I earned myself a column where I started submitting my articles ardently week after week under a pseudonym. I was getting frustrated at not being recognised for my own originality, and decided to reveal my actual name. Demands for that particular column started dropping. Again, I lost interest in it.

After much thought, I decided, YES! I wanna be a race car driver! Take over Uncle Edmund's position and be the sole female racer in the whole circuit. After years and years and MORE years of waiting, I realised, my family is sexists. Only male drivers are allowed :p ( Okay! I was exaggerating. Dad wouldn't allow me to race, at all.... According to him, female drivers are "Kayu" drivers. In English - Female drivers sucks) I was forced to abandon the idea.

Not much complains there, because next, I wanted to become an environmentalist. I've always been a lover of nature. Hiking through the woods and man made mountains makes me happy. The tranquility of the atmosphere as well as the beautiful beautiful greenery just captures my attention wholly. I loveeee the earthly smell of the soil when it rains. But what I can do, as an environmentalist in Malaysia? My best friend, Evelyn graduated from the Agriculture line, and during her practical stint, she had to work for DBKL - Following the rubbish truck. Needless to say, I drop the idea the very second.

Right now, I'm pursuing my Bachelor's and soon after my Masters in Law. I love what I'm doing. Then again, I've loved all that i've done before. So who knows how long this one may last. :p



Kidding! Ö


I've come to realise after all those years that dreams do change. as time passes, your wants and needs change. All I'm saying is, eventhough I gave up on my dreams mid way, I have the chance of following each and dream I had. I had the chance to bask in the glory and happiness of living my dream.

So, here's a word of advice: -

Whatever you want to do, Just do it (Like how Nike always said) Ü

I don't know about you, but I don't like the feeling of having to wake up someday, and regretting not doing something that I've always wanted to do!

Good luck, and all the best. Live your dream; Follow your dream.

27/10/2009

p/s: I've always wanted to master MORE languages, and currently, I'm following my little dream and learning Italian! ;)
Ü
*Thankful mode*

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...nice..I super love this post...remind me of last time...Still remember last time that I wanted to be police traffic...hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! Imagine you wearing sunglasses, and white glove standing in the sun, and i drive past you and honk. :P

    now your uniform more or less same also. xD

    ReplyDelete