Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Power of Words.

Flipping through the August'09 Issue of CLEO, this exact article caught my eye. Taking a picture of it from my Camera phone prove to not be a good idea at all for you can hardly read the words without squinting your eyes.

"Blogging, journaling - call it what you want, writing or typing out your thoughts and feelings helps your body more than you know!"
Being fairly new to the blogosphere, I have to admit that this exact quote intrigue me so much so... that I've decided to pen down some of my thoughts on this.
I've always loved the power of words. It expressed your thoughts, feelings, and emotions. My special someone once asked me - Why do i always write about my problems and emotions so easily whereas I don't express them in the same way as I wrote? It baffles me as well. I find that I expressed myself better with words. When I write, I get lost in it. I pen down my anger, my frustrations, my fear, my emotions, my happiness, my guilt, my sin and I know Mr Pen & Paper would not judge me according to my actions.
Perhaps, what I'm really afraid of is being judged by my peers. Peer pressure has been and always will be one stigma in my life where I have to live up to certain standards that was created of me in the eyes of the people I have around me. I have to be who they want me to be; not who I want to be. Of course, my alter ego shows that I am someone who do not care about other people's perceptions towards me, yet no matter how hard I try to deny it, I do care. Hence, the act of me always trying to distant myself away.
Learning to write about my thoughts and perceptions have indeed taught me how to not allow my emotions to rule over me (although at times I still do!). Learning. Grasping. Baby steps. What about you?
Ü

4 comments:

  1. yeap. That's what I'm doing right now Willie (=
    Thank you! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about me?
    Quoting u: "Learning. Grasping. Baby steps."
    It's the same with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may falter or face a huge obstacle in my quest for learning, but i'm confident I can always make it. I'll see you through Lucy dear. :)

    ReplyDelete