Monday, September 14, 2009

Top 10 things to Instantly feel better.

I have terrible mood swings, I have to admit. I can go from one cheery mood to a huge blow up in mere minutes when provoked. How do you deal with these mood swings? How do you deal with your emotions? I can never try to hide my emotions. You can see through me. It was as if I'm invisible. So what do I usually do, you're asking? Here are my list of venting system that actually works (at least for me!) :

1. Blast music on my Earphones. Music reflects me. When I'm mad or angry, I blast some alternatives, heavy rock or some head banging tunes. When I'm feeling more mellow, Jazz or blues works great and especially when I'm cheery, Classic rock does the trick!

2. Take a drive around. Just drive. No destinations. Go round and round - by yourself. It helps to sort out your thoughts. I love driving with my windows down, feeling the air on my face helps calm me down.

3. Have a round of sad, sappy movies marathon. The best time to cry. No one would ask you why. Even if they did, blame the movies!

4. Travel! Need I say more?

5. Pick up a new hobby. Recently, I've started dabbling in photography again. I don't know why I stopped initially, but i find great comfort living behind my camera lenses. They give me a sense of peace and focus that I need. Capturing life's wonderful memories and immortalised them.

6. Dance your heart out. If you don't go to clubs, Go to one! Find a nice, non-smoking club and head over there with a group of your friends! (Make sure they're trustworthy ones, so they'll take care of you!) Just dance! Release the endorphins in your body and they make you feel better.

7. Stack up your pillows and punch them! Or you can even hide your face in them and just scream. Let of some steam!

8. Go evangelize. Spend some time at the local orphanage or old folks home. It helps you to have a better perspective on life in general.

9. Act all touristy for the day with your closest girlfriends! I personally love this. Once I went back to my hometown after a huge blow up with my previous college, I went back home. Me and my cousin pretended to be tourists for the day and just have fun in the place where we grew up! We ate sooooooooooooooooooo much and just started acting weird and queer. You see, I come from a little town. Having tourists there, is highly unlikely. You can bet we definitely having people starring at us thinking we're crazy. Oh i absolutely love that. It was funny.

And this, is my ultimate favourite as of now:
10. Work out! I recently joined a gym about 2 months ago. and since then, it has became my home away from home.I'm there almost every day, except for thursdays, where its my rest day. Usual regime would include a 30 minutes on the treadmill. I love running. As a friend of mind always remind me, Running releases endorphins that always make you feel much better afterwards. I've also taken a liking for group exercises such as Body Jam and Line Dance Funk that includes dancing to awesome Rocky tunes. In fact, today, i'm starting on Muay Thai classes! A girl have gt to know some self-defence tecniques, right? Ü


So there you go. My top 10 Feel better things to do. What are yours? Ü

3 comments:

  1. 100% agree with all 10 points :)
    And it would make me even happier if i could do all of them with you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. u know what? ITs a damn great idea after all! Let's pick a new upcoming movie in the cinema. u watch it in Slovakia, and I watch it here. and we both blog about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch a movie here and u there and we blog about it?

    Yesssssss!That's a super super great idea!!!
    LET'S DO IT!!!*high five*

    ReplyDelete